Corporate Responsibility at SM Energy
Our stakeholders have entrusted us to conduct our business in a way that will protect our employees, our contractors and the communities in which we operate. Strong governance begins at the top level and at SM Energy, we have an active and fully engaged Board of Directors that is focused on strong ethical behavior and core values.
SM Energy has a long-standing commitment to its core values:
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards.
- Protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and neighbors.
- Protect the environment and be a good steward of natural resources.
- Support the communities where we live, work and operate.
- Provide a rewarding and productive work experience for our employees.
SM Energy recognizes that operating in communities is a privilege. We manage our business in a way that promotes social, environmental and economic benefits. We are committed to building a competitive workforce and creating a safe and healthy working environment, while being good stewards of the environment.
Corporate responsibility is paramount to our company. We have hired a corporate responsibility specialist dedicated to working with a team of experts that focus on current and emerging risks, opportunities and challenges.
We strive to be top quartile among our peers benchmarked in environmental, health and safety metrics that we track. We review EHS metrics with our Board on a quarterly basis and are held accountable for our results.