Community Engagement in the Corporate-Denver Region
SM Energy’s commitment goes beyond just being a good neighbor. We work with our stakeholders, both in the cities where we work and the locations where we operate, to create long-lasting partnerships – making our communities a better place in which to live and work.
Our Corporate region includes the Denver metro area in Colorado.
We support kindergarten through 12th grade education programs that focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) while encouraging students to pursue higher education, including:
- Denver Public Library/ideaLAB – a makerspace and digital media lab at the Central Library where young and old can make videos, games, music, art, crafts and more
- Junior Achievement – educates students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs
Civic and Community Service
We make an impact in our communities by investing in civic and community organizations that meet critical social needs and enhance social and economic conditions, including:
- Energy Outreach Colorado – raises funds to provide home energy assistance to low-income Coloradans
- Habitat for Humanity – helps to make simple, decent and affordable housing a reality
Health and Human Services
We support organizations and programs that focus on community health and wellness and place special emphasis on family wellness initiatives and occupational health programs including:
- Denver’s Child Advocacy Center – meets the needs of traumatized children, as well as those at risk of abuse
- Food Bank of the Rockies – collects and distributes food to nonprofit agencies that feed those in need in Wyoming and Northern Colorado, including the Denver area