Community Engagement in the Rocky Mountain Region
SM Energy’s commitment goes beyond just being a good neighbor. We work with our stakeholders, both in the cities where we work and the locations where we operate, to create long-lasting partnerships – making our communities a better place to live and work.
Our Rocky Mountain region includes the city of Williston and Divide County in North Dakota and the city of Casper, and Natrona, Converse, Campbell, and Johnson Counties in Wyoming.
We support kindergarten through 12th grade education programs that focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) while encouraging students to pursue higher education, including:
- Crosby School District – provides support for reading and math programs
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Wyoming – inspires and enables young people to realize their full potential
Civic and Community Service
We make an impact in our communities by investing in civic and community organizations that meet critical social needs and enhance social and economic conditions, including:
- Crosby Volunteer Fire Department – a volunteer fire department that performs fire suppression and other related emergency services for Crosby, North Dakota
- Campbell County 4H – a youth development program that prepares young people to make a positive impact in their communities
Health and Human Services
We support organizations and programs that focus on community health and wellness, and place special emphasis on family wellness initiatives and occupational health programs, including:
- Central Wyoming Rescue Mission – providing food, shelter and assistance to anyone in need
- The Salvation Army, Williston – serving the basic needs of assistance, housing, youth services, rehabilitation, disaster relief, counseling and more
- Divide County Ambulance District – making ground and air emergency vehicles available to transport patients to health care facilities due to injury or illness