SM Energy provides exciting work experiences in the oil and gas industry. Each fall, we recruit top petro-technical talent from a number of universities for our Summer Internship Program. Look for us on one of the following campuses:
- Colorado School of Mines (Engineering and Geoscience)
- Montana Tech (Engineering)
- Texas A&M University (Engineering and Geoscience)
- Texas Tech University (Engineering and Land Management)
- University of Montana (Geoscience)
- University of Oklahoma (Land Management)
- New Mexico Tech (Geoscience)
- Texas Tech University (Land Management)
Summer Intern Program
The Summer Intern Program offers a robust and impactful work experience during a 10-12 week period. Each intern will focus on a key discipline within SM Energy and be challenged with meaningful project work and day-to-day learnings. Internship disciplines include drilling, completions, production or reservoir engineering, geology or geophysics, and land management.
Not only do interns work on projects with significant value to the Company’s bottom-line, they also may:
- Attend regional field trips to view drilling and completions activity and geologic outcrops
- Participate in community service events
- Conclude their experience by presenting a report of their work to senior leadership at our corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado
The Compass Program is a two-year program for college-hire technical professionals as they begin their careers with SM Energy. This rotation-based program is designed to provide college-hire engineers, geoscientists and landmen with a multi-disciplinary and experience-based foundation of technical and professional skills. The Compass Program helps our employees get connected, sharpen their skills and jumpstart their journey through a rewarding career at SM Energy!
Below details the Compass Program rotations by discipline:
For questions related to On-Campus College Recruiting, the Summer Intern Program or the Compass Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.